I used to run regularly–like to the point of training and “running” a half-marathon with my husband and a dear friend about two years ago. I ran/walked pretty consistently until sometime last year. Though I could never really say that I loved running, I enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment that I could go the distance, the wind rushing through my hair, and the nice lines of muscle forming on my legs.
The other day, I hit the pavement again for the first time in quite a long time.
I was thinking as I ran that running is really so much like life. Here are a few insights:
- you just have to keep going
- slowing down to catch your breath sometimes is okay
- other times you just need to push through the rough spots
- after the uphill, a downhill is coming
- it’s all good
- you really CAN do it
- sometimes the air is thin and you think you don’t have anything left…but YOU DO!!!!!!
- people/music/self-talk that is positive and upbeat make all the difference
- we need oxygen to function
- keep your shoulders back and stand a little taller
What are some lessons you have learned through running or exercising? Do you find life lessons in all you do?
Hugs till next time! 🙂