Once June hits around here, we have a birthday/anniversary/special occasion at least monthly for several months, which is pretty cool. 🙂 My birthday is coming up next month, and I have been thinking about the emotional growth spurt that I experienced recently. One morning this week, before I got out of bed, I had a phrase from one of the birthday songs the children of our church sing to one another by Barbara McConochie: “one year older and wiser, too.”
Though wisdom might have evaded me as a child, I have considered moments from this summer which have brought me insight and strength. I have been taught in ways that I would not have imagined possible on subjects as diverse as faith or screenwriting, as connected as family is to friends. I have experienced moments of ease as well as moments of pain, moments of heartache and moments of triumph. Each day, I have been sustained by those around me and a power beyond my own.
What have I learned?
- I am stronger, more capable, more powerful than I knew before this moment.
- My family has the capacity to strengthen, bless, and uplift.
- I have a voice to sing.
- Life is filled with blessings, even as we struggle.
- Struggling helps us (if we let it).
- Life is good.
- Gratitude each day is crucial.
- I can be happy, no matter what goes on around me.
- Prayer changes situations, hearts, minds.
- As we work together to support each other, we’ve got this.
Till next time. xoxo