At least, it’s Tuesday where I am. And I had lunch with some new friends (complete with free soft-serve and dark chocolate sauce…which was divine, let me tell ya). So, I’m feeling a little lighter…my laundry is done and my anniversary playlist is being tweaked to (almost) perfection…and my house will soon be full of the sounds of papers rustling and turning for homework and bags and boxes from the pantry will leave their shelves of rest in the name of after-school snacks. 🙂 Life is good.
Has anyone checked out the free song on iTunes today? How about new releases in music? I’m always up for a good tune….
And, since you asked, I’m doing well today. I have some busy weeks coming, and I’ve been trying to gear up for all the events that are coming my way. Through all this, I have discovered that I am a social person. I like to be with people. I like to learn more about people, to talk with people, to laugh and visit with people, to help people…and, most of all, to connect with people. Connection is a happy place for me.
Sending out some love and happiness vibes to you, wherever you find yourself in cyberspace today!!!! Happy Tuesday…and may you have many, many more!
As promised, I am recording for posterity (and my lovely blog readers) the lessons I have learned over the past weeks since I made a spontaneous decision to enter NaNoWriMo 2012. (I was serious blogging about whether or not to do it…having done no outlining or anything…and just did it on a whim thanks to the encouragement of a few lovely voices!…& I thank you sincerely Marissa and Darcy!) Here we go, in no particular order…:
- Prayer works. (Not that I didn’t know this prior to Nov. 1, 2012; it was just reaffirmed to me….)
- Productivity produces energy.
- Support from those you love is vital for success!
- Goals can be accomplished…(and a lot more, too!).
- I CAN WRITE!!!!!
- Being purely creative is energizing.
- My family, friends (& I) love me!
- Even with road blocks (scheduling, sickness, holidays, etc.)~keep moving forward….! (See Meet the Robinsons for more info on this topic.)
- God is aware of me and loves me!
- I HAVE A VOICE (and an important one, at that)!
- I can cultivate creativity…and a writing mood.
- Breaks are important. (I took every Sunday off…and a few other Thursdays sprinkled in the month, as well.)
- When all else fails, have a dance party with the kiddos (…or with friends…or by yourself…)!
- Have munchies around always. (I had a Swiss Cake Roll emergency…luckily for me, I did have some left-over Double Stuf Oreos which satisfied the chocolate/creamy craving.) 🙂
- Buy back your kids’ Halloween candy and use it for NaNoWriMo snacks…and to last until NaNoWriMo is over and you start making Christmas candy.
- Spotify created great mood music when I needed it…and was a great resource for the karaoke scene I wrote.
- You can always edit later.
In the past few days, I have listened to some of the songs on Alicia Keys’ new album–and the chorus and several lines of this song resonate with me. I do feel like a “Brand New Me.”
The only time I recently felt this kind of growth and accomplishment is when I worked and trained for (& completed) a half-marathon with a dear friend of mine…something about measurable success. Hopefully, though, I will write more novels than the number of races I’ve run…! 🙂